Sunday, October 7, 2007

Random Thoughts, Updates, and Blessings

So obviously my computer has been down. Turns out some neighborhood rodents had been snacking on my cable wire. After the nice Comcast repair man explained the situation, I turned to Truman and asked him why he was not patrolling the perimeter better, he looked back at me with an 'as if' expression and walked over to his down filled bed to lay down. Oh well, problem solved, and at least Truman's a good snuggler.

So now I'm sitting here thinking what to type or where to start.

In regards to my personal life, things haven't changed much. I haven't heard from or had any new "news".

But, I think that's okay. I'm okay. I've had a great week filled with uplifting activities and great friends.

I have missed my blogging friends and family. I see many of you have exciting news to report. Angie has hilarious stories and great pictures as always. Both Dusty and Craig had amazing posts regarding some subjects that I have really been struggling with.

I did not realize how dependant I am on my Internet. I am nourished by a lot of the blogs I read. I keep up with friends that I haven't seen in years. All my cooking recipes come from the Food Network! With all this free time I've had on my hands I was forced to do something I hadn't done since I started blogging.....read a book!

I began two that I highly recommend:

Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge and Finding God's Path Through Your Trials by Elizabeth George.

They are in fact so good that I am going to cut short this update to get back to reading Captivating. (I think every woman should read this book)

I'll leave you with some truths I have learned this week:

  • I can see God's hand at work in my life everyday. The multitude of answered prayers in my life is overwhelming. I look forward to sharing them with you

  • I am seeking to live the life He has called me to more fervently than I have ever done before.

  • I am learning His truths in a deeper way than I ever thought I was able.

  • I see relationships growing in areas I would have never chosen or expected, with great openings to share where my strength and joy is coming from.

  • I care more deeply for others who are hurting, because I now know the hurt, the pain, the rejection.

  • I can walk daily with confidence and security knowing that my path is guarded and chosen by Him.

I've missed you all :) Keep updating!

2 comments:

Ang said...

I hear you on missing blogs when you are unable to read. I love hearing what is going on with everyone. It is a nice little retreat from my own crazy life. Or, it makes me feel better that someone else struggles with the same things I do. Glad your back!!

Sara said...

We've missed hearing from you on the blog!!