Thursday, March 12, 2009

Checking In

It has been a great week in Phnom Penh.   I came down with a cold on Wednesday but seem to be battling back.   I think I pretty much just sweated it out.

I had the opportunity to stop by the Partners In Progress house and catch up with some of the staff and teachers I worked with here last year.  It was great to see them.   They are hard up for teachers at the moment, and I have to admit I briefly entertained the idea of staying a bit longer...

We arrived in Siem Reap today at 7:40 am and immediately took off to the temples to begin filming.  According to the film maker the light was beautiful this morning.  

It is now mid-day, meaning its too hot and the light to bright to shoot, so we checked into the hotel and will start back up again around 2:30.  

Our tour guide is fabulous.  He is a young man in his early 20's studying to be a teacher here in Siem Reap.    He of course is eager to practice his language skills and learn some slang.   He also has a great sense of humor, so the day has been quite enjoyable with him.

We'll be in Siem Reap until Sunday, when we leave for Pursat.  It is a 4-5 taxi ride.   I have never been to that particular Province, but form what I have learned it is fairly rural compared to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.    Squatty potty here I come!!  

There's your quick update.  I'm off to ring out my sweat soaked clothes  and sit under the Air-Con for a bit.

Thanks for the continued prayers. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Glad all is going well. Hope the head cold is short-lived! Stay cool!