Saturday, November 17, 2007

Professor Randy Pausch Last Lecture

Carnegie Mellon University Professor Randy Pausch is dying of pancreatic cancer. With a diagnosis of only a few months to live, he recently gave his last lecture at CMU. In CMU tradition, the professor's last lecture topic is usually based on the hypothetical situation: if you were dying and this was your last lecture, what would you say to your students.

Unfortunately, Randy's situation is not hypothetical. The original lecture can be viewed here on youtube, or you can watch his reprised version that was on Oprah which is linked below. (I enjoyed the Oprah version)



I am inspired at the manner in which Randy chose to address his topic. I encourage you to watch the video in its entirety, but if you do not have 10 minutes to spare try watching from 7 minutes in to the end.



Click here for Randy's lecture video





I want to be a TIGGER! (watch and you'll understand)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, I was good right up to the very end. It's definately something to try and remember. I'm sure we all try to be Tiggers, it's just easier sometimes to be Eyores (sp?). Thanks for the reminder

Liz said...

Wow...what an amazing speech! That last 30 seconds though...a weeping warning would be nice! The whole thing though was amazing...it really, really make you think! Thanks for sharing!!

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

I've heard a little bit about this-but judging from the comments, I should wait until I'm home to watch! Hope you had a good weekend!