Monday, March 2, 2009

Same Song... Second Verse...

With my trip to Cambodia rapidly approaching I have had little time to stop and reflect that I am indeed going back there, but last night as I began to get my documents in order and start the packing process, I found myself being pulled back into memories and emotions of this time last year.

It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago had you asked me to point out Phnom Penh on a map it would have taken me a bit to even find what country it was located in.  




For many different reasons I am looking forward to this trip.  I feel like I'm so different than who I was last year.    As I look back to where I was at my life last year, I can see that I was living as a shell of a person.

Comparatively, everything about me last year seemed desperate, broken, and weak.

My faith was desperate.  My heart was broken.  And any hope for the future was weak.

Its hard to think back to that.   To remember why, and how.  

But this time, this trip, I have such different expectations.   

God's hand totally led the way last year.   While my faith was desperate, His was firm.  While I thought my broken heart would hurt forever, He had already begun the healing.  And my future while unknown (and still is) had (has) already been planned with eternal love.  

Its awesome to be able to have the opportunity to revisit a defining chapter in my life.   To look back and see the poetic "footprints".


I can't wait to see what God has planned for this trip :)!!!






ps.  I went to the Cardinals game on Saturday - IT WAS AWESOME!!!  My feet rested on the dugout - unfortunately the batteries in my camera died :(  

2 comments:

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

I'm so excited for you with this trip - and I can't wait to hear/see all about it when you're back! And totally jealous of the Cards game!!! Let me know when you'll be in STL!

Jesse said...

I'll be praying for many more blessings this trip! Take care and tell Albert I said hello :)