Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Listen up

Some of you might remember my previous post questioning how other people hear God in their daily lives. Since that post I have tried to be more sensitive as to the different ways God might be speaking to me. One consistent way I continue to receive messages is through words and music. I find that music strongly influences my mood and feelings. Recognizing that, I have greatly censored the music that I listen to, and often use words to songs that deeply move me as part of prayer. I was randomly downloading some new songs on to my iPod yesterday (Superchick is a new favorite) and stumbled across a new LeAnn Rimes song, "What I Cannot Change".

It brought me to sobbing tears. Below is the video and some of the lyrics.


Father God, help me to let go, forgive, and love what I cannot change, but please continue to change my heart. Amen.

Video!


(chorus, LeAnn Rimes, What I Cannot Change)
All the rest is out of my hands
I will learn to let go what I cannot change
I will learn to forgive what I cannot change
I will learn to love what I cannot change
But I will change, yeah I will change
Whatever I, whenever I can

Romans 9:16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire of effort, but on God's mercy.

No comments: